The following browsers are supported to use our dashboard and the documentation application:
- Mozilla Firefox, latest ESR version
- Google Chrome, latest stable version
- Microsoft Edge, latest stable version (on Windows desktop operating systems)
HTTP based APIs
For HTTP based APIs:
- HTTP 1.1 compatible client with TLS encryption support (see https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616)
- Optional support for WebSockets (see https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455)
- Optional support for Server-Sent Events (see https://www.w3.org/TR/2015/REC-eventsource-20150203/)
The configuration of the SSL/TLS layer has been limited to strong ciphers and protocols, for security reasons.
For example, the following cipher suites are considered weak and are therefore no longer supported:
The ssl-labs online check can estimate your current browser at https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html
- Oracle Java SE 8 is required to use our things-client and the ditto-client.
Resilience of devices and applications
Due to it’s nature of distributed systems and network based communication, your devices and applications need to be able to bridge small interruptions or latencies.
All usage of our service by APIs should apply a systematic approach for managing re-tries incl. an exponential back-off, as well as re-connects.
Find details at General re-try and re-connect guidelines.