A device in the Bosch IoT hub can have multiple credentials associated with it. They act as a proof of identity with the IoT Hub during the connection establishment.
Your are logged in to the Bosch IoT Hub - Management API. Refer to Login to Bosch IoT Hub - Management API
Add device credentials
Credentials are required to authenticate your device with the IoT Hub. Credentials can also be managed with the Management API. Adding device credentials is done by performing a HTTP POST request which contains the credentials information.
"type": "hashed-password", see examples below).
- In the Management API navigate to the credentials section and select the POST operation.
- Press the Try it out button.
- Enter your tenant-id in the tenant-id field.
- Adapt the device-id field of the request to match the device created in the previous step.
- For password credentials, the auth-id property will be the username that will be used to authenticate for device connectivity.
- To create a password secret, which will be used by a device to authenticate itself with the Bosch IoT Hub, please create a strong password (e.g. at least 8 characters combining letters, numbers and special characters). Please note that you will need the password you have created later on, for example for authenticating your device in order to send messages to IoT Hub. For the security reasons the IoT Hub only stores passwords in a hashed format internally. Provide the plaintext password string in the password field. Bosch IoT Hub will add salt and hash it.
- Verify that the request was successful (Code 201).