Cloud protocol gateway
A cloud protocol gateway allows customers to connect the devices, which are able to communicate only via proprietary protocols or protocols unsupported by the Bosch IoT Hub. The communication flow for such scenarios is illustrated below.
As shown on the diagram above, the cloud protocol gateway communicates with the actual devices and forwards received messages (“telemetry” or “events”) from the actual devices to Bosch IoT Hub’s AMQP adapter. The cloud protocol gateway receives the incoming commands and forwards these commands to the actual devices.
Important aspects for cloud protocol gateway
- The cloud protocol gateway is a custom component that must be implemented and operated by customers.
- The cloud protocol gateway acts as a gateway device and is also registered in the Management API of Bosch IoT Hub.
- The cloud protocol gateway is responsible for authenticating the actual devices.
Important aspects for the actual devices
- The actual devices communicate only with the cloud protocol gateway.
- The actual devices are registered in the Management API of Bosch IoT Hub.
- The actual devices are linked to the cloud protocol gateway using
- The credentials of the actual devices may be managed in the Management API of Bosch IoT Hub but it is not obligatory.